911 call released in Hernando husband shooting | News
Spring Hill, Florida -- Investigators have released the 911 call a woman made after she allegedly murdered her husband.
Karen Biraghi is charged with first degree murder. Hernando detectives say she admitted to shooting her husband Alan on Christmas Eve, at the couple's Spring Hill home.
Detectives say Biraghi told them during an interview she was having marital problems with her husband and he was in the process of moving out.
She reportedly said that early in the morning of December 24, she twice shot him point blank in the back of head as he slept on the couch.
Biraghi then allegedly drove to her parents' house and told them what happened. She called 911 that afternoon, saying she wanted to turn herself in.
Biraghi's parents drove her back to the home to wait for police. When police arrived, Biraghi walked out of the home with her hands in the air and was arrested without incident.
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood