Balloon Boy's UFO-like craft for sale | Weird
Spring Hill, Florida -- Balloon Boy's UFO-like craft is now for sale. Richard Heene, who now lives in Florida, tells 10 News he is selling the balloon through a sealed bid auction to try and raise money for victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.
In 2009, the country watched as the balloon floated over Colorado. Heene said at the time he feared his son Falcon was inside the flying saucer shaped balloon.
Photo Gallery: The infamous "Balloon Boy" balloon up for auction
More Pictures: Pictures of the aircraft that caused the Balloon Boy hoax
The Heenes have produced a video as part of the balloon's auction.
An attorney working with the family to sell the balloon hopes they will be able to raise as much as $1-million for the relief effort.
Heene says he will not receive any money from the sale of the craft and they decided months ago to help the Japanese earthquake and tsunami victims in part because his wife has relatives in the country.
Heene tells 10 News they have already received some 6-figure bids.
The winning bidder will get both the balloon and a get a DVD of the Heene family building the craft which measures 20-feet across.
- Balloon Boy family moves to Tampa Bay
- Balloon boy dad gets jail time, 4 years probation
- Family attorney speaks out after balloon hoax uncovered
- Sheriff: Balloon hoax a publicity stunt
You may also like...
Bikinis, mud, trucks: Redneck Yacht Club Memorial Day 2011 pics
More Bikinis: Flashed at Caddys on the Beach pics
Bad thief: Beer thief bungles robbery, loses pants, drops beer (video)
Gators on a plane: Rescued Alligators fly Southwest
Beer bites: Mosquitos more likely to bite beer drinkers
UFO for sale: Balloon Boy's family selling his balloon
Upcoming Events near Highlands County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him